Two-Day Mekong Delta Tour
5 years old
- Price:From $75 per person.
- Season:We operate all year round except Vietnamese New Year which runs from February 1-10, 2019.
- Trip Specifications:This tour only operates as a private tour. All group sizes can be accommodated. Children must be at least 4 years old.
- Meeting & End Point:We will collect and return you to any hotel located within Ho Chi Minh City.
- Included: All Entrance Fees • All Transport • All Taxes • English Speaking Guide • Bottled Water • One Full Lunch - note we can you cater for any dietary requirements just be sure to get in touch beforehand.
- Not Included:Gratuities for your guide & drivers • Travel Insurance • Additional Meals • Booking Fees • Accommodation - for information on how we can assist with arranging your accommodation please see our FAQs page.
- What to Bring:Sunscreen • Hat • Insect Repellant • Light Jacket • Raincoat or Poncho.
- What to Wear:Please be sensitive to the local customs and ensure you dress respectfully.
Loose, free-flowing clothing is preferred given we will be visiting local communities. Knees and shoulders should be covered at all times.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh - Cai Be - Vinh Long - Can Tho
You will be collected from your hotel at 8:00am ready to begin our amazing adventure. Our first stop is the Cai Be Pier along the mighty Mekong River. Sit back and relax as our sampan (a traditional motorised boat) takes you along the serene canals. These hidden waterways are engulfed in lush vegetation and local villages where you can admire the colors and culture alike.
Next up we get back on dry land of the Tan Phong island. After a quick stop-off at a tasty fruit orchard, we will experience the enchanting music of Vietnam as guests of a local performance and take a guided bicycle tour of this marvelous island. Along the way we will visit native families and learn how these locals use the land to craft everything from delicate rice paper to the sturdy roofs of their homes. A local family will treat us to Mekong delicacies for lunch which include freshly made spring rolls, fried pumpkin flower, and beautiful braised pork soaked in coconut juice
** Scooter accommodation can also be provided**
After our special Mekong lunch, we’ll transfer back to our boat and into the smaller canals of the delta. Here we can get up close and be a part of the daily life of local people and farmers. We will see the handicraft of local merchants preparing delicious coconut candy, rice-wine, unique hand-crafted pottery and bricks made from scratch. Then we’ll head to the Vinh Long Pier and market where you can see even more of the specialties Mekong has to offer.
Finally we will head to Can Tho to reach your accommodation. We’ll have the chance to relax and explore the beautiful nightlife and tasty cuisine of the night market in this spectacular town during your overnight stay.
Day 2: Cai Rang Floating Market - Vinh Trang Pagoda - Ho Chi Minh
On day two we’ll get up early and head straight out to make the most of the day. We’ll board our own private boat to head to Cai Rang, the biggest floating market in the whole of Asia. You will get to experience local produce being sold first hand from boat to boat. You’ll get the chance to buy produce of your own and you can even sip your morning coffee at one of the awesome floating coffee shops.
After the market we will head back to the hotel for some well-deserved breakfast. Having checked out, we’ll head to My Tho to visit the breathtaking Vinh Trang pagoda.Here your guide will show you around the incredible five acre site. They will explain the history of the temple and show you the unique architecture and sculpture. After what promises to be an interesting and enjoyable day, we’ll head back to Ho Chi Minh City and drop you back to your accommodation.